– Location: The Netherlands
Do you want to solve complex puzzles? With your knowledge of the business and software development, you design the best possible solutions for an international set of clients. You are self-organizing and know how to get things done. With your innovative and entrepreneurial mindset, you always look at new opportunities to improve business processes.
You will be assigned to a large variety of projects and work closely together with your team and your clients, and will need to rely on your analytical capabilities and technical expertise. Your job is to develop the best possible solutions in the field of complex planning and optimization, and take part in the development process of applications. This ranges from the initial design, construction, testing, implementation, documentation and continued development of adjustments and improvements. We build our application in-house on a partner software platform (DELMIA Quintiq), in an object-oriented language.
Ab Ovo’s ambition
It is our mission to make organizations work more efficiently, make better decisions and become resilient. Besides delivering the best solutions for our customers we have a strong focus on internal improvement as well. In monthly development team sessions, we share knowledge on the latest developments, for example: best practices in projects, new innovations, automated testing and improvement on the CI/CD-pipeline. Ab Ovo cherishes entrepreneurship in the organization.
- You have just received a university degree in applied mathematics, econometrics, computer science or data science, with operations research as an area of interest and are ready to start on the market;
- Experience with one or more object-oriented languages (Python, C#, Java etc.) is required as well as affinity in programming;
- You have great analytical skills; collect information, judge relevance and independently analyse a given problematic situation;
- You take ownership of your work and enjoy to think along with the functional team on how to solve design and implement functionality;
- You see yourself as a creative thinker;
- Experience with versioning in Git and preferably also worked with BitBucket;
- Internationally oriented. Fluent in English. A command of Dutch or German is considered an absolute bonus.
- Meaningful work in large-scale and challenging projects with attractive clients;
- An excellent overall package of employee benefits:
- Salary between 30K and 45K per year;
- 25 vacation days per year with the option to buy 10 additional days;
- Flexible working times and location;
- Pension contributions paid by the company;
- Bonus scheme;
- Good arrangements for phone, laptop, work desk and fruit at work.
- A nice working environment with an open and loyal culture;
- Attention for personal and professional training and development. Together we create a personal development plan where we define and commit to your career plans for the future;
- Professional career development by extending your knowledge and experience in programming languages and platforms related to your specialism are also part of personal development plan;
- Many social activities besides work, including a company weekend where family is also invited.
Furthermore, in this role you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic, flexible and innovative environment. You will work closely with the team and other platforms to come up with new innovations and possibilities to support our customers.