– Location: The Netherlands
HR Business Partner
This is an opportunity to join Ab Ovo at an exciting time. Our organization is growing and changing rapidly in the field of AI driven transformation but our HR practices and focus on culture have not always kept up. We are looking for a talented HR lead to firm up our HR practices and help shape a first class working culture and growth environment for our team. You will work closely with our Leadership Team on achieving this and will be stationed in Rotterdam.
Who are we:
As an AI Powerhouse it is our mission to help supply chain and logistics companies work more efficiently, make better decisions and be sustainable. We add value through AI driven transformation & solutions that digitize processes and extract insight from data.
As leaders in mathematical optimization, we have witnessed the ascent of Artificial Intelligence first hand and seen the value it adds in a world of increasing complexity, uncertainty and change. And to successfully unlock the potential of AI, we know the importance of combining analytical proficiency with in-depth domain expertise.
We love supply chain and logistics and have a deeply rooted connection with the industry. Which is why we attract top talent from operational research and mathematics faculties, as well as seasoned domain experts from the field’s leading brands. We typically work in small but well-equipped, autonomous teams empowering them to make decisions swiftly and think and act customer centric. We nurture innovative and business-minded thinking and cherish the devotion and passion of our highly skilled consultants.
Despite our local roots, we have a global footprint and work cross-border in a truly international business. Our highly qualified 110 colleagues work from offices in Amsterdam, Boston, Rotterdam, Copenhagen & Düsseldorf. Ab Ovo offers the best of both worlds: large and small.
Our approach is no-nonsense, hands-on and result oriented. Our operating model consist of five clear steps of (1) prove value with rapid prototyping, (2) design sharp algorithms, (3) craft software that does the job, (4) deliver platforms designed to scale and (5) guide organizations to enact change and realize business value.
Thanks to the combination of talented colleagues, strong industry ties & down-to-earth approach, Ab Ovo is the right partner for any supply chain and logistics organization aiming to harness the power of AI.
What you will do
- Be the day-to-day HR partner. Our colleagues will seek you out on topics such as compensation & benefits, HR policies, procedures, employment law, performance management, immigration and contracts.
- Help establish a global people policy in the Netherlands, Germany and the US and harmonize our approach to HR. Work with local MD’s to ensure local policies are aligned and colleagues have a similar experience.
- Lead personal development. We employ incredibly talented people and their continuous development is a core part of our future success. You help develop a learning & development framework to allow a great growth path for our people, including clear job profiles, a performance methodology and run a training & development program that suits their needs.
- Partner with our leadership. You coach and guide them to become better leaders and empower them to help our colleagues be at their best. Our aim is to be the coolest company in our domain to work for and you will play a central role in realizing this together with the leadership team.
- Make sure new colleagues feel welcome(d) and are set up for success. Develop an excellent onboarding experience and manage the off boarding process.
- Advise on recruitment best practices and support the leadership in recruitment process and decisions. You will also be asked to prepare offers and discuss with candidates.
- Handle complex individual cases and act as case manager during absenteeism and reintegration.
- Lead HR projects. You will contribute or lead a number of projects such as: implementing new tools, research and evaluate employee NPS, selecting new HR vendors, help us improve our internal communications, organize employee events, and more.
What you will bring
- 6+ years of experience as HR Business Partner or HR advisor in an international setting.
- A comprehensive understanding of HR ‘best practices’ and an understanding Dutch labor law and ideally some experience with German/US working environments.
- You can scope, lead and implement HR projects from start to finish. You are comfortable working autonomously.
- Hands-on mentality. We are a relatively small organization and everyone helps to get things done. You will be supported by an HR administrator, but you should be comfortable to also work on operational matters.
- You are confident and are comfortable dealing with complex cases and HR issues. You are also not afraid to speak your mind and challenge leadership.
- We are an organization of engineers and data-crunchers. We love solving complex technical puzzles, but would like to get better at listening and caring. Help us become more empathic.
- Excellent Dutch and English language skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Bachelor or Master degree, followed by further education within HR.
What we will offer
- An excellent remuneration package
- Good fringe benefits like a pension plan, company car, 25 holidays.
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility to work from different locations like home office
- Part of the Management Team