– Location: Germany
Do you want to solve complex puzzles? With your knowledge of the business and software development, you design the best possible solutions for an international set of clients. You are self-organizing and know how to get things done. With your innovative and entrepreneurial mindset, you always look at new opportunities to improve business processes.
Who are we:
As an AI Powerhouse it is our mission to help supply chain and logistics companies work more efficiently, make better decisions and be sustainable. We add value through AI driven transformation & solutions that digitize processes and extract insight from data.
As leaders in mathematical optimization, we have witnessed the ascent of Artificial Intelligence first hand and seen the value it adds in a world of increasing complexity, uncertainty and change. And to successfully unlock the potential of AI, we know the importance of combining analytical proficiency with in-depth domain expertise.
We love supply chain and logistics and have a deeply rooted connection with the industry. Which is why we attract top talent from operational research and mathematics faculties, as well as seasoned domain experts from the field’s leading brands. We typically work in small but well-equipped, autonomous teams empowering them to make decisions swiftly and think and act customer centric. We nurture innovative and business-minded thinking and cherish the devotion and passion of our highly skilled consultants.
Despite our local roots, we have a global footprint and work cross-border in a truly international business. Our highly qualified 110 colleagues work from offices in Amsterdam, Boston, Rotterdam, Copenhagen & Düsseldorf. Ab Ovo offers the best of both worlds: large and small.
Our approach is no-nonsense, hands-on and result oriented. Our operating model consist of five clear steps of (1) prove value with rapid prototyping, (2) design sharp algorithms, (3) craft software that does the job, (4) deliver platforms designed to scale and (5) guide organizations to enact change and realize business value.
Thanks to the combination of talented colleagues, strong industry ties & down-to-earth approach, Ab Ovo is the right partner for any supply chain and logistics organization aiming to harness the power of AI.
As a Business Consultant you will collaborate in a project team with project managers, software experts, technical consultants and optimization specialists. You help initiate, design and implement planning and optimization software with our clients. Consequently, you are contributing to customer satisfaction and increasing business value for our customers. As a starting consultant, you have the opportunity to get to the very essence of complex logistics business processes and flag opportunities for improvement. Your job is to analyse, design and test the software, in alignment with our customers and supported by the project team.
What you will bring:
- You have just received a master’s degree in applied mathematics, econometrics, computer science or data science, with operations research as an area of interest.
- Interest in logistics and rail.
- Good communication skills
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills, independent personality and structured approach.
- You take ownership of your work and enjoy to support customers and think along with the team on how to design and implement functionality.
- Affinity with software development, programming and object-oriented modelling.
- Internationally oriented. Advanced verbal and written command of English and German. Flexible and prepared to travel regularly on business trips within Europe and where needed globally.
What we will offer:
- Meaningful work in large-scale and challenging projects with attractive clients.
- An excellent overall package of employee benefits:
- Flexible working times and location;
- Travel allowance according to local German guidelines;
- Bonus scheme;
- Good arrangements for phone, laptop, work desk and fruit at work.
- A nice working environment with an open and committed culture.
- Attention for personal and professional training and development. Together we create a personal development plan where we define and commit to your career plans for the future.
- Many social activities besides work, including a company weekend where family is also invited.
Furthermore, in this role you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic, flexible and innovative environment.