– Location: The Netherlands (HQ)
About Ab Ovo
Ab Ovo is a leading and innovative solution provider in the area of Digital decision support with solutions in Supply Chain Planning/Optimization and Rail Operations. We help companies solve complex planning puzzles and streamline their business processes. We work for some of the world’s leading rail, aviation, maritime and retail organizations. Our highly qualified 110 colleagues, mainly with very strong analytical background, work from offices in Amsterdam, Boston, Capelle a/d IJssel, Copenhagen & Dusseldorf. Ab Ovo offers the best of both worlds: large and small. The professional aspect of working with large ambitious clients, combined with the security and familiarity of a close-knit team.
As Junior Developer you will be part of the 4RC (Rail Cargo) team of Ab Ovo. This teams specialises in delivering digital solutions in the rail cargo sector and has an international customer base. On the days that you will not be able to work from home, you will be located in our office in Capelle a/d IJssel (Rotterdam).
What you’ll do
Within our team of twelve talented developers you will focus on maintaining and extending our Rail Cargo System, developed in our in-house TET framework. Furthermore, you will cooperate in the design and development of new innovative products.
Analytical skills and a result oriented personality are essential. Our Rail Cargo System forms the heart some of the biggest European railway operators and are crucial to the core processes of these railway operators. To thrive in this role, you must love challenges and be passionate about achieving your goals.
What you will bring:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science or related fields (and a maximum of two years’ work experience)
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming
- Working knowledge of database systems (Oracle, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL server)
- Proven experience in one of the following programming languages;
- NET, .NET core, C#, Java, Python
- Experience with the VueJS framework is an advantage
- A hands-on mentality; you are proactive, decisive and result-oriented.
- Internationally oriented. Advanced verbal and written command of English and Dutch.
What we offer:
- The possibility to join our informal and close-knit team
- An exciting work environment in a decentralized team-based organization
- Possibility to work from home (part time)
- An exciting domain; our applications help rail companies run their daily trains
- Career opportunities
- An excellent overall package of employee benefits: Salary up to 45K per year depending on experience;
- 25 vacation days per year with the option to buy 10 additional days;
- Flexible working times and location;
- Pension contributions paid by the company;
- Travel allowance;
- Bonus scheme;
- Good arrangements for phone, laptop, work desk and fruit at work.