– Location: The Netherlands
Who are we looking for
Ab Ovo is looking for a passionate, experienced web application developer. This is a great opportunity to work with a highly talented and global team of software developers, data scientists, and optimization engineers to build mind-blowing web apps for the supply chain and logistics industry.
Who are we
As an AI powerhouse, it is our mission to help supply chain and logistics companies work more efficiently, make better decisions and be sustainable. We add value through AI driven transformation & solutions that digitizes processes and creates actionable insights.
As leaders in mathematical optimization, we have witnessed the ascent of Artificial Intelligence first-hand and seen the value it adds in a world of increasing complexity, uncertainty and change. To successfully unlock the potential of AI, we know the importance of combining analytical proficiency with in-depth domain expertise.
We love supply chain and logistics and have a deeply rooted connection with the industry. Which is why we attract top talent from operational research and mathematics faculties, as well as seasoned domain experts from the field’s leading brands. We typically work in small, well-equipped and autonomous teams empowering them to make decisions swiftly and think and act customer centric. We nurture innovative and business-minded thinking and cherish the devotion and passion of our highly skilled consultants.
Despite our local roots, we have a global footprint and work cross-border in international business. Our approach is no-nonsense, hands-on and result oriented. Our operating model consist of five clear steps of (1) prove value with rapid prototyping, (2) design sharp algorithms, (3) craft software that does the job, (4) deliver platforms designed to scale and (5) guide organizations to enact change and realize business value.
Thanks to the combination of talented colleagues, strong industry ties & down-to-earth approach, Ab Ovo is the right partner for any supply chain and logistics organization aiming to harness the power of AI.
What is the role
As senior web application developer you support companies in the digital journey to the intelligent supply chain. Working with an Agile mindset you strive to continuously deliver value for businesses and to enable customers to become best-in-class.
It is your job to bring visual insights and user experience to optimize the decision making for the software. We work with modern frameworks like VueJS to give companies transparency into their operations. The web applications are connected to back-end frameworks that are developed and owned by Ab Ovo. You will be part of the complete software development process from the design phase with the functional owners, the design of a multi-user and secure architecture, the coding itself to the deployment of the models.
As senior web application developer you will be a trusted party and advisor in the company in front end development. You have an interest and view in DevOps processes.
What you will bring
- Academic level of work and thinking;
- 5+ years of experience as a front-end developer;
- Experience in the Vuetify framework is considered a bonus;
- Experience with RESTful Web Services with JSON and WebSockets;
- Solid experience with complex code bases, systems & source code control systems like Git;
- Experience in building and supporting mission-critical user-facing systems
- Strong experience in handling user stories, design patterns, and object-oriented software design;
- An advantage is experience in and/or knowledge of AWS, Azure or GCP;
- Excellent communication skills, ability to explain complex business processes to various audience;
- You have an experimental mindset and are able to quickly translate a given business problem into a technical solution; capability to build prototypes to make analytics tangible for our customers;
- You are internationally oriented and fluent in English, German language skills are considered as an absolute bonus;
- Last but not least, you are driven by growth and high-performance and have a strong sense of ownership.
What we offer
- Big enough to do major projects, small enough to know everyone on a first name basis.
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic, flexible and innovative environment. You will work closely with the team and other platforms to come up with new innovations and possibilities to support our customers.
- Excellent compensation package with amongst others a bonus plan and possibility to buy extra holidays
- Good work / life balance. We understand life sometimes throws a curveball and that you need time / flexibility to take care of personal things. Overtime is actively discouraged.
- Flexible working hours and location and good arrangements for laptop, mobile phone.
- Attention for personal and professional training and development. Together we create a personal development plan where we define and commit to your career plans for the future;
- Many social activities after working hours.
In the interview process you will be asked to share your portfolio of earlier built front-end applications.