– Location: The Netherlands (HQ)
Who are we looking for
Ab Ovo is looking for a passionate, experienced web application developer. We offer a great opportunity to work with a highly talented and global team of software developers, data scientists, and optimization engineers to build mind-blowing web apps for the supply chain and logistics industry.
Who are we
As an AI powerhouse, it is our mission to help supply chain and logistics companies work more efficiently, make better decisions and be sustainable. We add value through AI driven transformation & solutions that digitizes processes and creates actionable insights.
Despite our local roots, we have a global footprint and work cross-border in international business. We work for some of the world’s leading airlines, logistics companies, retailers, maritime & rail organizations.
We live our values; always smart, always hands on and always together. Thanks to the combination of talented colleagues, strong industry ties & down-to-earth approach, Ab Ovo is the right partner for any supply chain and logistics organization aiming to harness the power of AI.
What is the role
As senior web application developer you support companies in the digital journey to the intelligent supply chain. Working with an Agile mindset you strive to continuously deliver value for businesses and to enable customers to become best-in-class.
It is your job to bring visual insights and user experience to optimize the decision making for the software. We work with modern frameworks like VueJS to give companies transparency into their operations. The web applications are connected to back-end frameworks that are developed and owned by Ab Ovo. You will be part of the complete software development process from the design phase with the functional owners, the design of a multi-user and secure architecture, the coding itself to the deployment of the models.
As senior web application developer you will be a trusted party and advisor in the company in front end development. You have an interest and view in DevOps processes.
What you will bring
- Academic level of work and thinking;
- 5+ years of experience as a front-end developer;
- Experience in the Vuetify framework is considered as a plus
- Experience with RESTful Web Services with JSON and WebSockets;
- Solid experience with complex code bases, systems & source code control systems like Git;
- Experience in building and supporting mission-critical user-facing systems
- Strong experience in handling user stories, design patterns, and object-oriented software design;
- An advantage is experience in and/or knowledge of AWS, Azure or GCP;
- Excellent communication skills, ability to explain complex business processes to various audience;
- You have an experimental mindset and are able to quickly translate a given business problem into a technical solution; capability to build prototypes to make analytics tangible for our customers;
- You are internationally oriented and fluent in English, German language skills are considered as an absolute bonus;
- You are driven by growth and a high-performance culture.
What we offer
- Super smart and collaborative team with a passion for trains, planes, ships and trucks.
- Culture of innovation and experimentation with frequent hackathons and problem solving workshops.
- We invest a great deal in personal growth: trainings & certifications, but also time to experiment and work on ‘pet’ projects.
- Flexible working hours and locations. Most of our work can be done remote, so you pick what works best for you. At home, in our offices or at the customer.
- International work environment. Work for international customers and projects and occasionally travel for work.
- Big enough to do major projects, small enough to know everyone on a first name basis.
- Good work / life balance. We understand life sometimes throws a curveball and that you need time / flexibility to take care of personal things. Overtime is actively discouraged.
- Many social activities
- Last but not least, excellent compensation package with amongst others a bonus plan.
Send us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sophie Demenint on (+31 (0) 627080250) and we are happy to help you with your questions.
In the interview process you will be asked to share your portfolio of earlier built front-end applications.