Location: The Netherlands (HQ)
Who are we looking for
As part of our ambitious growth strategy, Ab Ovo is looking for a passionate and versatile Junior Controller who can help us build and grow our business activities
Who are we
At Ab Ovo, we love supply chain & logistics. It is our mission to help supply chain and logistics companies work more efficiently, make better decisions and be sustainable. We add value through AI driven transformation & solutions that digitize processes, create data insight, and enable automated decisions. We work together with some of the world’s leading airlines, logistics companies, retailers, maritime & rail organizations.
Despite our local roots, we have a global footprint and work cross-border in a truly international business. We embrace an everywhere workplace, and our highly skilled colleagues have the opportunity to work in our offices in Rotterdam, Düsseldorf, Copenhagen & Boston.
hat is the role
In this role, you will work closely with the Senior Controller, and you will be responsible for Accounts Payable and – Receivables and maintaining the general ledger. Besides that, you will be responsible for (parts) of the month-end closing and reporting process. You will play an active role in the budgeting process and support the year-end closing, annual reporting and (interim) audits. With your administrative and controlling activities you will help us to further set the financial course of Ab Ovo.
What’s in it for you?
Challenging role with opportunities
Working as Jr. Controller in Ab Ovo means never a dull day. You play a crucial role in the finance fundamentals of Ab Ovo and have the opportunity to support project and business control. And last but not least, you have a focus on continuous improvement of processes and can play a role in ad-hoc projects
Next to an excellent salary package and our investment in a long-term, stable partnership with you, we offer a role with a great deal of variety. This means you have the opportunity to sharpen and develop new skills, have possibilities for continuous learning and access to unique knowledge. Your colleagues provide a great place to work with fun and with passion for what they do. Work schedules are flexible, and many of us successfully plan around young families. Our organizational structure is flat, providing much room for your initiatives and ideas.
What you will bring
- You have 0-3 years Finance experience in preferably an scale-up environment
- You have a relevant Bachelor/ Master degree; Business Economics, Finance & Accounting or comparable
- You have up-to-date knowledge of Dutch tax legislation and accounting standards
- You have proven advanced Excel skills, Power BI knowledge and experience is a big plus
- You are a solution-oriented Finance professional who continuously works on streamlining processes.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to roll up your sleeves.
- You do what you promise, deliver against agreed-upon timelines, schedules, and expectations.
- You have passion for supply chain, rail and logistics
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills in both Dutch and English, German is considered as an absolute bonus.
- You are available for 40 hours per week
- You live in the Rotterdam region
Do you recognize yourself?
Please feel free to contact Sophie Demenint (+31627080250) for more information or just send you application to firstname.lastname@example.org.