Location: The Netherlands (HQ)
Who are we looking for
As part of our ambitious growth strategy, Ab Ovo is looking for a passionate and Application Administrator who can help us building and growing our business activities.
Who are we
At Ab Ovo, we love supply chain & logistics. It is our mission to help supply chain and logistics companies work more efficiently, make better decisions and be sustainable. We add value through AI driven transformation & solutions that digitize processes, create data insight and enable automated decisions. We work together with some of the world’s leading airlines, logistics companies, retailers, maritime & rail organizations.
Despite our local roots, we have a global footprint and work cross-border in a truly international business. We embrace an everywhere workplace, and our highly skilled colleagues have the opportunity to work in our offices in Rotterdam, Düsseldorf, Copenhagen & Boston.
What is the role
As an Application Administrator you will join our IT team. You will play a vital role in ensuring systems run smoothly and efficiently. Your responsibilities;
- Installing and configuring databases, operating systems, web servers,
- Maintain our Active Directory and M365
- Writing scripts to automate processes and improve system efficiency
- Providing technical support to internal teams
- Managing virtual machines and containers
- Keeping systems updated and secure
- Work closely with other teams to ensure seamless integration of software applications with other systems
- Maintain network architecture, routing and switching, DNS, DHCP, and IP addressing.
What’s in it for you?
As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work on complex projects and gain experience in new technologies while supporting our clients in the Rail, Aviation, and Manufacturing industries. We offer a growth path to advance your career and become an expert in your field. If you’re ready to take the next step in your career, apply today and let’s build a brighter future together.
Next to an excellent salary package and our investment in a long-term, stable partnership with you, we offer a role with a great deal of variety. This means you have the opportunity to sharpen and develop new skills, have possibilities for continuous learning and access to unique knowledge. Your colleagues provide a great place to work with fun and with passion for what they do. Work schedules are flexible, and many of us successfully plan around young families. Our organizational structure is flat, providing much room for your initiatives and ideas.
What you will bring
To excel in this role, you will have:
- Experience with installation and configuration of databases, operating systems, web servers, in-house coding platforms, Active Directory, and M365
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Strong scripting skills to automate processes
- Experience with virtual machines
- Knowledge of database administration, system and web server administration, Active Directory, and M365
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Proven experience in supporting internal teams and customers
- Experience with Azure services
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, protocols, and security.
Checking all of the above boxes is not required, we expect you to grow in your role where you are able to develop in the fields you have less experience.
Next to the above;
- You are a solution-oriented IT professional who continuously works on streamlining processes
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to roll up your sleeves
- You do what you promise, deliver against agreed-upon timelines, schedules, and expectations
- You have passion for supply chain, rail and logistics
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills in both Dutch and English, German is a plus
- You are available for 40 hours per week
- You live in the Rotterdam region.