Ab Ovo’s mission has always been to support companies becoming more efficient in their resource usage and improve operations with more streamlined processes. But now, we must realize that this is not enough, we need to provide our customers with services and solutions to become even more sustainable and reduce their environmental footprint on every level and in every department of the organization.
Ab Ovo operates in the following industries Aviation, Maritime, Rail, Retail, Supply Chain and Manufacturing.
People & organization
Our highly qualified 110 colleagues, mainly with very strong analytical backgrounds, work from offices in Amsterdam, Boston, Capelle a/d IJssel, Copenhagen & Dusseldorf. Ab Ovo offers the best of both worlds: large and small. The professional aspect of working with large ambitious clients, combined with the security and familiarity of a close-knit team.
We have a dedicated team of Consultants, focused on guiding our key customers in the entire process from analysis to implementation and delivery. Every Consultant typically runs 1 – 3 customer engagements simultaneously.
We typically work in small well-equipped, autonomous teams empowering them to make decisions swiftly and think and act customer and sustainability-centric. We nurture innovative and business-minded thinking and cherish the devotion and passion of our highly skilled employees.
What you’ll do
You are responsible for the value engagement to our (Rail) customers by participating in the entire process from analysis to implementation and delivery.
- You build customer intimacy and value engagement; amongst others by spotting opportunities and trends and acting on that toward the customer
- You translate the customer requirements into a specific design
- You are responsible for data analysis, data model design and user interface design
- You ensure a successful installation of the solution, including testing and giving training and workshops
- You take care of change proposals and their implementation
- During the project you are the go-to person for Technical Consultants and junior Business Consultants and you steer the Software Developer(s)
- You mentor and coach junior(s) in your domain of expertise
- Last but not least, at request you partner with Sales in the pre-sales and bidding phase of assignments
What you will bring
As a (Rail) Consultant, you have at least 5 years (rail) industry experience, which might be gained in a role as a Planner or Analyst.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Economics or comparable.
- Proven ability to establish the relationship between business processes and information technology.
- Experience with agile software development.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze and structure complex situations and decide on a way forward.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, know how to get things done internally and externally, ability to build customer intimacy and value engagement
- Fluent in German and English, both verbally and in writing. Any other language skills on on professional level are an advantage.
- Hands-on mentality. We are a relatively small organization and everyone helps to get things done.
What we offer
- Super smart and collaborative team with a passion for trains, planes, ships and trucks.
- International work environment. Work for international customers and projects and occasionally international travel for work.
- Flexible working hours and locations. Much of our work can be done remote, so you pick what works best for you. At home, in our offices or at the customer.
- We invest tremendously in personal growth: training & certifications, but also time to experiment and work on ‘pet’ projects.
- Culture of innovation.
- Large enough to do major projects, small enough to know everyone on a first-name basis.
- Good work/life balance. We understand life sometimes throws a curveball and that you need time/flexibility to take care of personal things. Overtime is actively discouraged.
- Excellent compensation package with amongst others a bonus plan.
Send us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sophie Demenint on (+31 (0)627080250).