– Location: The Netherlands (HQ)
We are looking for a junior Technical Application Specialist that will support our international set of clients with the implementation of our analytics and planning & optimization software.
You will work on software implementations and integration projects. Connecting and interfacing applications to the platform will be one of your main responsibilities. Together with the project team you come up with the best technical designs and implement these solutions.
You will be involved in workshops with customers, in which you consult them on architecture and integration related topics. The results will be documented in system architecture and integration design documents. Further you will be involved in the development process, which includes estimation processes, design, construction, testing, implementation, documentation and consultation on software and hardware.
We build our application with in-house software on our partner’s (DELMIA Quintiq) software platform, in an object-oriented language.
Ab Ovo’s ambition
It is our mission to make organizations work more efficiently, make better decisions and become resilient. Besides delivering the best solutions for our customers we have a strong focus on internal improvement as well. In monthly development team sessions, we share knowledge on the latest developments, for example: best practices in projects, new innovations, automated testing and improvement on the CI/CD-pipeline. Ab Ovo cherishes entrepreneurship in the organization, a flat organizational structure and stimulates employees to work together and help each other out.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related
- Knowledge of integration technologies; JMS, SOAP, REST, ODBC and data formats JSON, XML
- Knowledge of database technologies; SQL, Oracle
- Knowledge of (Object-oriented) programming. Having experience with any programming is a pre.
- Conceptual knowledge of virtualization, security, networking and cloud will help to learn more about these concepts on the job
- Some experience in automated testing is considered as an advantage
- You take ownership of your work and enjoy to think along with the team on how to solve design and implement functionality;
- You see yourself as a creative thinker;
- Internationally oriented. Fluent in English. A command of Dutch or German is considered an absolute bonus.
- Meaningful work in large-scale and challenging projects with attractive clients;
- An excellent overall package of employee benefits:
- Salary up to 45K per year depending on experience;
- 25 vacation days per year with the option to buy 10 additional days;
- Flexible working times and location;
- Pension contributions paid by the company;
- Bonus scheme;
- Good arrangements for phone, laptop, work desk and fruit at work.
- A nice working environment with an open and loyal culture;
- Attention for personal and professional training and development. Together we create a personal development plan where we define and commit to your career plans for the future;
- Professional career development by extending your knowledge and experience in programming languages and platforms related to your specialism are also part of personal development plan;
- Many social activities besides work, including a company weekend where family is also invited.
Furthermore, in this role you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic, flexible and innovative environment. You will work closely with the team and other platforms and technology to come up with new innovations and possibilities to support our customers.