– Location: The Netherlands and Germany
At Ab Ovo, It is our mission to help supply chain and logistics companies work more efficiently, make better decisions and be sustainable. We add value through AI driven transformation & solutions that digitize processes, create data insight and enable automated decisions. We work for some of the world’s leading airlines, logistics companies, retailers, maritime & rail organizations.
If you’ve recently graduated in econometrics, (applied) mathematics, computer sciences, artificial intelligence, logistics & supply chain management or data science and are interested in the world of logistics, we have a number of exciting starter positions in the Netherlands or Germany.
Four possible starter positions for graduates
- Planning & optimization business consultancy. As a (junior) consultant, you help initiate, design and implement planning and optimization software with our clients. In this role, communication with the customer, logical reasoning and problem solving are important. You usually work in larger project teams for several months at a time.
- Planning & optimization software development. As a (junior) developer, you help design the best possible solutions in the field of complex planning and optimization and take part in the development process of applications and algorithms. In this role, complex engineering and coding skills, problem solving skills and creativity are important. You usually work in larger project teams for several months at a time.
- Data science & advanced analytics. As (junior) data scientist you support companies in their digital journey to the intelligent supply chain. With techniques such as machine learning, simulation and mathematical optimization. In this role, complex data modelling skills, an experimental mindset and a pragmatic, hands-on attitude are important. You usually work in smaller teams on short experimental engagements and proof-of-concepts.
- Rail consultancy. As a (junior) rail consultant, you advise rail companies on how to run their business operations in an efficient and effective manner and research how technology can best support this. In this role it is important you are process oriented, good in structured writing and keen to become a rail expert. You usually work in small teams for rail customers with whom we have longstanding relationships.
As a starter in any of these career tracks, you will be given extensive training and then join one or two experienced project teams that will teach you the ropes of our trade. Often recent graduates only then discover what it is they enjoy doing most and therefore we offer the possibility to switch roles early on or later during their career. Many of our consultants were first developers and vice versa.
- A master’s degree in econometrics / operations research, (applied) mathematics, computer sciences, data science, statistics or logistics & supply chain management. Or you have a strong academic affinity with logistics and supply chain;
- 0 – 3 years relevant work experience;
- Good communication skills;
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills, independent personality and structured approach;
- You take ownership of your work and enjoy to support customers and think along with the functional team on how to solve design and implement functionality;
- Affinity with software development, programming and object-oriented modelling;
- Internationally oriented. Advanced verbal and written command of English. German or Dutch is a bonus but not required. Flexible and prepared to travel regularly on business trips within Europe and where needed globally.
What we offer
- Super smart and collaborative team with a passion for trains, planes, ships and trucks;
- We invest a great deal in personal growth: trainings & certifications, but also time to experiment and work on ‘pet’ projects;
- Culture of innovation and experimentation with frequent hackathons and problem solving workshops;
- Flexible working hours and locations. Most of our work can be done remote, so you pick what works best for you. At home, in our offices or on the road;
- International work environment. Work for international customers and projects and occasionally travel for work;
- Big enough to do major projects, small enough to know everyone on a first name basis;
- Good work / life balance. We understand life sometimes throws a curveball and that you need time / flexibility to take care of personal things. Overtime is actively discouraged;
- Many social activities;
- Last but not least, excellent compensation package with amongst others a bonus plan.
Unsure which role / career path would suit you best? Send us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sophie Demenint on +31 (0)6 27 080 250 and we are happy to help you discover what would be a good match!